Cherokee County E 9-1-1, Georgia
Winter is here!!
This is the time of year to make sure that there are precautions in place for the possible winter weather ahead. Stay advised of impending winter weather by means of local media and the Cherokee County Emergency Operations website found on the links tab on this website.
These are a few minor ideas or preventative measures to help prepare you home for fall and winter weather.
- Make sure that close to the end of daylight savings time (November 3rd) that the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are changed.
- Make sure that the dryer vent on your clothing dryer stays clean. It should be cleaned consistently year round, but especially in the normal, less humid air that comes with fall and winter.
- Make sure to monitor any lit candles. According to the National Candle Association there are some 18,000 candle-caused fires annually in the United States, and experts blame carelessness on the part of the candle user.
- Prepare an emergency kit with drinkable water, non-perishable food items, flashlights, batteries, medicines, baby supplies (if applicable) and pet food (if applicable).
- Prominently display utility phone numbers near the phone in case of power outages.
There are also some advanced tips that are only recommended to those who are experienced or we recommend contactacting someone who is such as a contractor.
- Repair torn siding.
- Re-caulk around windows, doors, dryer vents, outdoor electrical outlets and other openings.
- Inspect the roof for leaks or loose shingles and repair if necessary.
- Clean debris off of the roof, gutters and down spouts.
- Winterize outdoor water spigots and store hoses and sprinklers.
- Store patio furniture indoors.
- Retract awnings.
- Power wash the home exterior and decks.winterize any wooden accessories.
Winterizing your home from top to bottom can help prepare for winter weather as well as have rewards next spring. Enjoy the cooler temperatures knowing your home is prepared on the inside and outside.
Welcome to Our Website!
Please feel free to look around this website. Here you will find many resources for Cherokee County E 9-1-1.
You will also find how to contact other offices in Cherokee County to include police precents, fire departments, utilities and other county divisions. Also, here you can have some of the common questions related to how 9-1-1 works answered. There are links to other Cherokee County web pages as well as when the community can expect to see Cherokee County E 9-1-1's Public Education Team out around the county.
If you have had a recent experience with Cherokee County E 9-1-1 and wish to let us know about it, there is information contained on the Feedback/Complaints page located in the categories menu where you can elaborate on your experience. You can remain annynmous if you would like to or if you wish to be contacted, you have the opportunity to leave your contact information. Thanks for visiting our website.